Orleans House Gallery*, Riverside, Twickenham, TW1 3DJ
Lectures take place in the Coach House, at the back of the building.
Limited free car parking space is available within the grounds. Vehicle access via Orleans Road only.
Train: South West train to St Margaret's
Bus: 33, 490, H22, R68, R70 and 290 alight at The Crown Pub/Lebanon Park
*Orleans House Gallery:
Named after the Duc D'Orleans who stayed there inthe early 19th century , the Palladian villa was originally built by the architect John James in 1710 for the politician and diplomat James Johnston.
By the early 20th century it was derelict and in 1926 it was mostly demolished. However, parts of the property, including a baroque octagonal room designed by architectJames Gibbs, were preserved.
The Coach House is a recent addition, but is part of a lovely courtyard including the Stables Gallery, the Stables Café and the artist in residence studio.