Hand outs: Islamic Art
1. Overview: Defining Islamic Art.
2. Glorious Qur’ans and the development of Arabic Script
3. Arabesques, Palmettes and Curious Devices: Islamic Design in the decorative Arts
4. Heroes and Heroines, Beasts and Monsters: the Golden Age of Manuscript Illustration
5. Philosophers and Artists: Colour and Alchemy in the Medieval World
6. Byzantium to Venice: A Journey through Glass via the Near East and Egypt
7. The Story of Lustreware from Caliphs to Aesthetes.
8. The Golden Age of Iznik Ceramics: The Ottoman Answer to Chinese Blue & White Porcelain
Please tell us which individual hand out you need (either by the number or the name), supply us with an email address, and we will send it to you asap!
NB £1 per individual handout