Fri, Mar 05|
16th & 17th century Spanish Art: The Church Triumphant
Forced conversions, expulsions & the Inquisition carried out in the name of the Catholic Church required powerful religious images highlighting the suffering of Christ & His martyrs. This provided significant opportunities for artists like ElGreco, Zurbaran, Ribera, Sanchez-Cotan and Fernadez.
Time & Location
Mar 05, 2021, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM GMT
About the Event
Please note that once you pay you will get an email confirming your payment. This email will also contain a link for the online lecture.
- Make sure the latest version of Chrome is installed on your computer as your browser, this will improve the quality of the streaming (it does not like Safari)
- You can confirm the download and upload speeds on your device, by going to https://fast.com/, 3 Mbps or greater is ideal
- If using an Ipad, confirm it is on iOS 11 or higher
- May we suggest that you have only Zoom open on your computer during the session; this will help with internet speeds
- No microphone or camera are needed
Please make sure to log on 10 min before the start of the talks.
NB 11.00 UK = 12.00 Amsterdam = 6.00 New York = 19.00 Hong Kong
10 GBP = 11.50 Euro = 15 USD = 106 HKD
A recording will be made of this event and can be bought separately after the event has taken place.
Should the current situation change and we might be able to move these lectures into a physical space again, we will - while keeping the online option going for those reluctant or not near our chosen venue.
This ticket is for people who have credit with Art Historical London due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the cancellation of physical lectures, or because they have paid offline.£0.00