Appreciating the Work in Artworks
Time & Location
About the Event
‘Will Lockdown be remembered as the Still Life of our lives? Perhaps we can capture this strange moment by creating a little art work of your own, whilst learning how the masters use oil paint.’ Acquire a new appreciation for the materials and processes behind the art we have been studying through this practical series! Ruth will guide us through creating our very own still life masterpiece, explain about materials and techniques, and share how great masters have used them.
Starting on Wednesday 17 Feb 16.00-17.00 UK time, this is a three week course. Please email me if you would like to join one off sessions Mariska@arthistoricallondon.com
Delivered by Ruth Helen Smith, moderated by Mariska Beekenkamp-Wladimiroff
For all the materials used in this course, you can order a quality, pre-prepared art pack put together by Ruth's trusted suppliers. Please see the website for a separate listing and ways to pay for this pack.
Alternatively please see the list of suggested materials below.
The class will be conducted live online and there will be plenty of opportunities for everyone to share their work and ask questions. The class is presented in Zoom Meeting, which means your video and sound will be on and shared with the group. Please mute if you do not want this, and listen to instructions about muting oneself while Ruth gives the instructions.
Once you pay you will get an email confirming your payment. Each week a link to the Zoom Meeting will be send out on the day to all the participants.
If you have not received any emails with a link, please check your spam or junk folder, or email us - well in advance - and we will manually send you the link.
- Make sure the latest version of Chrome is installed on your computer as your browser, this will improve the quality of the streaming (it does not like Safari)
- You can confirm the download and upload speeds on your device, by going to https://fast.com/, 3 Mbps or greater is ideal
- If using an Ipad, confirm it is on iOS 11 or higher
- May we suggest that you have only Zoom open on your computer during the session; this will help with internet speeds
- Please make sure to log on 10 min before the start of the class
- Please have all your materials ready:
- the object you will be painting
- A brush (hog hair)
- A palette (tear-off disposable palette pad)
- Oil paints (Burnt Umber, Ultramarine Blue, Alizarin Crimson, Lemon Yellow, Titanium White)
- A canvas (roughly 25 x 35 cm)
- Baby/face wipes or kitchen roll
- Rough clothes
- Please put your screen in 'Gallery View' when you enter Zoom Meeting (this will be the icon at the top right hand of your screen)
NB 16.00 UK = 17.00 Amsterdam = 11.00 New York = 24.00 Hong Kong
10 GBP = 11.50 Euro = 15 USD = 106 HKD