Fri, May 14|
Recording: The Matter of Violence in Baroque Painting
Violent images are often explained away as a reflection of 17th c daily life, yet the relation between art & life is never determined nor fixed. This talk will explain why these images were so popular during the Baroque and still exert such a powerful influence over our imagination even to this day.
Time & Location
May 14, 2021, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM GMT+1
About the Event
Please note that once you pay you will get an email confirming your payment. This email will also contain a link for the recorded lecture.
- Make sure the latest version of Chrome is installed on your computer as your browser, this will improve the quality of the streaming (it does not like Safari)
- You can confirm the download and upload speeds on your device, by going to https://fast.com/, 3 Mbps or greater is ideal
- If using an Ipad, confirm it is on iOS 11 or higher
- May we suggest that you have only Zoom open on your computer during the session; this will help with internet speeds
- No microphone or camera are needed
Please note that the link to this recording will time out on 21/5/21, after which it is moved to our On Demand Library of Talks, which is only accessible to members of our database.
This ticket is for people who have credit with Art Historical London because they have paid offline. Your sale will be matched with our records, please note that if you have no credit with Art Historical London your entry to the lecture will be blocked.£0.00